[oletrucks] What About The Doors?

To: old-chevy-truck@onelist.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] What About The Doors?
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 21:44:52 EST
    My doors don't work correctly. While they appear solid and virtually rust
free, they just don't latch as they should. The right side seems a little
loose on it's latch, not holding as solidly as I would like to see on it's
weatherstrips. The left side is even worse, not latching on the main catch
all but swinging out to the secondary catch. Only pushing the door lever into
the lock position will hold it to the main catch. Nothing seems to hold the
doors in the open position.
    I would like to improve the doors, and have in mind installing new rubber
and other bits to return the doors to like new serviceability. Do any of you
folks who have restored this area have any suggestions? It would seem that at
least some of the guts (window winders, etc.) will need to come out for
service. What parts should I order to do this properly? I have an old tube of
3M weatherstrip adhesive, a sort of yellowish jelly. Is there something
better?

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://www.aeromark.net