RE: [oletrucks] Cleaning rust from inside of tank and hydrogen embrittle

To: "'CLLLSLS@aol.com'" <CLLLSLS@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Cleaning rust from inside of tank and hydrogen embrittlement Q's
From: Richard Kinas <rkinas@ctinet.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:37:33 -0800
Dustin,

All SCUBA divers have this same problem with their tanks all the time. They
are usually rated at 3500 PSI. I don't remember the exact interval, but I
believe that, every  year the tanks must be Visually Inspected by removing
the valve and looking for rust on the inside of the tank. If any rust is
identified, the tanks are placed on a tumbler where metal fragments
specifically designed for rust removal are inserted through the valve
opening. The tank is left "rolling" on the tumbler for ? hours. An then
visually reinspected. I don't know if a local dive shop could handle a tank
as big as yours but It would be worth a try.

1959 Chevrolet Apache      ____    3100