Re: [oletrucks] Clutch size?

To: Advdesign1@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Clutch size?
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 07:49:15 -0500

Advdesign1@aol.com wrote:

> Antonio,
> I think you have the original1953 flywheel on your 1957 engine.  If the
> engine came out of a car it was probably an automatic.  If flywheel has 9
> bolt holes you should get the larger clutch.
>
> 1953.
> Bob ADler

The 10 and 11 inch clutches only have 6 bolt holes. I would use the largest
clutch the flywheel has a surface for. Stay away from rebuilt pressure plates.
Mine was trash, as in out of balance. When I couldn't find a new one for the 235
application I bought one for a small block, it bolts right on. You will need the
proper through out bearing for the cast rather than stamped arm.

Grant 50 3100