Re: [oletrucks] 1958 diecast toy truck wanted...Try Hotwheels...

To: Jbrdtx23@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1958 diecast toy truck wanted...Try Hotwheels...
From: GremlinGT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 08:35:38 EST
 I believe Hotwheels has a customized '58 ( or '59, I'm not sure ) maroon
truck towing a classic wooden boat on a trailer...I've seen these in a blue
package with clear window at Toys R Us, about the size of a shoe box, only
not as high, and in the secure glass area where the remote control vehicles
are. The catch? They're about $20-30 each, as they are "limited Edition"
models, etc. The truck looked great, especially with the wooden boat. Scale
was about 1/64th, same as Hotwheels standard cars and trucks.
  The truck definitely had dual headlights, but I'm not sure whether it's a
'8 or '9 model...you'll have to look yourself, I guess. That's about the only
diecast '58-59 model Chevy/GMC truck I know of, really right off the top of
my head. If I run across any others, I'll pass them on. Good hunting!

Jerry Casper
'55 Chevy Suburban
4.5 days and counting until 2-truck garage with detached house is reality...