Re: [oletrucks] GMC olive engine paint

To: GOATUNO@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] GMC olive engine paint
From: safesix@worldnet.att.net
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:54:02 +0000
I've gotten good service from Bill Hirsch co. The people
there are really knowledgeable, and pleasant to deal
with. They even sent me an assortment of various olive
paint samples so I could choose the closest one. It
turned out to be a Buick color I think, maybe
Studebaker - I would have to check the can to be sure. I
used their engine paint, it is one of the best paints I
have ever used, including high dollar marine stuff. The
paint went on  beautifully, flowed out to a high gloss
(I used a brush)- it has held up perfectly, and after 4
years the remaining paint in the can is still useable,
with a little thinner added.

Bill Hirsch web site is http://www.hirschauto.com/

If you are restoring a military vehicle, they can give
you an exact match to the Milspec codes. But, this was
supposed to be a flat ("Olive Drab") paint, and hardly
anybody ever used it this way in the Motor Pools of my
experience. There were about as many variations as there
were diferent vehicle types. We always used whatever was
available.

Jack / Winter Park FL