[oletrucks] More Questions From The Ventiplane

To: cafe_dave@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] More Questions From The Ventiplane
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:42:07 EST
    Thanks to Dave Riffel for sharing his experience with changing the rubber
seals in the ventiplane assembly. It certainly does look like something some
of us mechanical tyros might tackle given a little willingness to learn
riveting. The rebuilt units from Golden State still looked like they might be
a good prospect so I just got them on the blower. Their rebuilt ventiplane
assemblies are chrome, and have no glass or handle. My own glass and handle
are poor, so (bumping into the slippery slope once again) it makes sense to
replace them at the same time that the rest of this work is done. The GSPP
catalog lists these assemblies at $49.95 ea exchange. I understand that
powder coat can be subbed for the chrome. This is all gonna need some
thinkin. Do any other vendors also offer these?
    GSPP also mentioned that they carry a rivet kit to do this job ourselves
for $10.00. Speaking of Golden State, they are moving their retail location
again. The new location will be 145 E. Orangethorpe Ave., Anaheim CA, maybe
5-10 minutes from me.

    Dave Riffle mentioned:

    "The special rivets I was thinking of before are the small brass rivets
that attach the window felt to the window channel.  These are fairly easy to
install.  Get the rivet kit that comes with the required punch.  Cheap and
well worth it."

    Some previous owner has replaced the felt window channels in the door
part, but they are not held in with anything more substantial than luck. What
did Chevy use to hold these channels? Were they riveted to the door directly?
Are kits available to attach these channels?

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://www.aeromark.net