Re: [oletrucks] Steering colum question

To: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Steering colum question
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 16:15:38 -0500
Mark,

If you're going to toss the original steering box anyway, and just use a
stub of the original shaft out of the original column (as I did to connect
steering to my IFS, via u-joints) then just cut the shaft and column at the
same time, down by the box. You can easily do it with a hacksaw. Then after
you get the shaft and column out, you can fine tune the cuts to the length
you need. There is a Toro lawn mower bearing that will position the shaft
perfectly inside the column. I don't know the part number but it taps right
into the stub of the column, and the ID is 3/4", same as the shaft. A Toro
shop should be able to match it up if you bring in the peices, it costs
about $7.50.

Jack / Winter Park FL