Re: [oletrucks] Vintage Texas license plates

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vintage Texas license plates
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 05:37:45 -0600
First, if you are driving with original "year-of-vehicle-manufactured"
plates & the vehicle is registered as an "antique", you don't need the front
plate (DMV told me this, because I only had one when I registered my truck &
I asked).  If you want to make a front plate I have a detailed process that
was outlined to me by a fellow restorer & then you can save the hassle of
going through DMV to change the plate number.  Also, will save you about $50
for the matched 50's plates.  Ping me off the list if you're interested in
the plate making process (no handcuffs required :-)

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX