[oletrucks] F*rd 9" rearend offset question

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] F*rd 9" rearend offset question
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 07:13:45 -0700
Hi...the Ford rearends do indeed have one axle tube longer than the
other, and the center is offset.  But, if you look at the center
section, you'll see that the pinion is offset in the center, so that the
pinion is centered in the rearend...that's why the center section is
offset.

In other words, don't worry about it.  I don't see any problems with
using it as is.  There is plenty of frame clearance back there...I have
a 9" in my 57 Suburban chassis, and I moved the leaf springs in under
the frame, and there is still gobs of room.

Jim