[oletrucks] Front Wheel Noise

To: Oletruck list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Front Wheel Noise
From: Steven & Sharlyn Rocha <srocha@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:38:33 -0800
Hello List,
    I have a '57 Chevy 3/4 ton truck. I took the brake drums off  and
replaced the studs when I replaced the wheels with 98 Chevy 16" wheels. I
had to put two spacers in to keep the new wheels from rubbing the tie rod.
Now that I have it put back together, it is making a thumping noise when I
drive it.  With each revolution of the wheel it thumps louder on the right
side  as you go faster.  I drove it only a short distance and then turned
around and parked it. Could it be the wheel bearing too tight or too loose?
Nothing seems to be rubbing.
                                                    Thanks,
                                                    Steve
-Steve & Sharlyn Rocha
srocha@pacbell.net
President, San Diego/Imperial Co. Iris Society
Region 15, Zone 9
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/7679 (Irises)
http://home.pacbell.net/srocha (Horses)
San Diego Iris Society Web Site