[oletrucks] Re: [napco4x4] (Fwd) question about TF Suburban Carryalls

To: napco4x4@onelist.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: [napco4x4] (Fwd) question about TF Suburban Carryalls
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 14:29:10 EST
Eric,

Yes that's why those plates are there and you can do the swap from barn door
to tailgate.  I'm  working a deal with someone to get a complete setup for
that swap myself. . .everything is taken care of except my schedule for
traversing the 1500 mile round trip distance to get it.  It's not trivial
project but is doable and is about the same as my 58 to 56 front end sheet
metal conversion.

Tailgate setups tend to be hard to find, to be rusted out, to have broken
hinges, and to be missing the swing out third brake light/license plate
frame.  I have one setup that is so rough and missing parts that I decided to
look for another. . .which I did find eventually.

People have told me I'm crazy for wanting to do this swap as the lift gate
tends to be too high (especially on napco trucks which yours is, right? . . .
and mine will be someday), and I know for a fact that they can be fragile. .
. the hinge issue is a real problem. . .but I just like them better than the
barn doors.

Good luck in your search.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban