[oletrucks] 59 heater core

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 59 heater core
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:32:50 -0700
Claude--

Howdy!  The heater cores from 60-newer trucks are different, as I
recall...the most common one is used in the fresh air heater, which has
long tubes that come out and bend around quite a bit, instead of being
short and straight like in the TF trucks.  Also, there were a couple
different heaters used in TF trucks, the cheap recirculating heater, and
the deluxe fresh air heater, so you might need to know which one you're
working on.

You might want to take your core to a radiator shop and get a quote to
get it recored, they do it based on the size of the core.  It's been
awhile, but the cost in the "old days" (1980s) was about $50-75.

Jim