RE: [oletrucks] an introduction

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] an introduction
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 07:28:11 -0700
DAN wrote:
>I am in the process of buying a 1951 gmc aluminum bodied stepvan. >it is
>totally stock top to bottom.

Wow, that sounds like a fun project!  Since you asked, I think it should
definitely have a big block in it...that's a big truck to have to move
around.  I assume this is the "forward control" chassis, which puts the
steering box well ahead of the engine...thus, out of the way of the
exhaust manifold (the manifold is normally the major impediment to big
block swaps on AD (47-55) trucks!)

Acutally, I just had to bring up the subject of big blocks, since engine
input was running about 10:1 towards keeping it stock...and I just love
a big block in an oletruck!

Good luck with the project, and please feel free to ask anything!

Jim