RE: [oletrucks] Motor Mounts

To: "Old Chevy Truck List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Motor Mounts
From: "Ron Ramirez" <mrphilco@mail.wko.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 19:18:55 -0600
Finally, a question I can answer!

Rich, as the former owner of a '58 Apache which had been (poorly) converted
to a 350, I can tell you that you do NOT want to rely on front motor mounts
to hold your 350 in place. The motor WILL twist and flex. I remember opening
the throttle by hand and watching the motor move back and forth. (My truck
had been done just as you describe.)

Add the aftermarket mid-engine motor mount/crossmember. You'll be glad you
did. Use the aftermarket tranny crossmember also for the Turbo 350 (my truck
did have that added on). Whilst I must confess my 350 never turned loose, it
worried me constantly. I never got around to fixing it properly - I finally
sold it this past summer prior to knee surgery.
--
Ron Ramirez - mrphilco@mail.wko.com - Providence, KY
Webmeister of www.chevytrucks.org