Re: [oletrucks] gear grinding continued

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] gear grinding continued
From: KBToedirt@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:53:51 EST
Brad,
    You said that you are looking for the guide pins that they refer to in
the shop manual.  I was looking for the same ones.  I talked to an old man
that lives in the neighborhood, he has been working on these kind of vehicles
for years.  This is what he told me to do.  Go down to the local hardware
store and buy some bolts that are the correct size.  Get the desired length
and then cut off the heads.  Screw the bolts, which are now just pins, into
the top two holes of the transmission.  They only need to be hand tight.
Slide the transmission back onto the guide pins.  They worked great.
Although I had to use a pair of vice grips to get one of them out.  I hope
that this helps.

KENT
56 3100