[oletrucks] Changing the differential

To: Oletruck list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Changing the differential
From: Steven & Sharlyn Rocha <srocha@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 06:31:03 -0800
Hello List,
    Thanks for the information on metallic brake shoes. I am trying to turn
my truck into a daily driver. I need to change ring & pinion gears or do
something else. The manual says I have 5:47 to 1 gears in it now. We got an
estimate of $700 to $800 to change the gears is there a cheaper more
effective way to get the ratio down in the 3 something's? I would like to
do it myself ? I don't have a shop to work in and I'm not a full blown
mechanic.
                                                    Thanks,
                                                    Steve

-Steve & Sharlyn Rocha
srocha@pacbell.net
1957 Chevy 3600, 454
President, San Diego/Imperial Co. Iris Society
Region 15, Zone 9
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/7679 (Irises)
http://home.pacbell.net/srocha/mussey.html (Historic Site)
http://home.pacbell.net/srocha (Horses)