[oletrucks] Looking for 57 GMC 450 Info or Images

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Looking for 57 GMC 450 Info or Images
From: DeLibre@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 05:07:18 EST
I came across a 57 GMC 450 "police ambulance" that I'm planning to take a
look at this weekend.  Supposedly has ridiculously low miles and a good price
(could be a "thank you, God!" find).

Owner isn't that familiar with the ole chevy trucks, tho'.  His description
over the phone leaves me wondering if the 450 is a beefed 370 Low Cab Forward
series (like at
http://www.favorites.com/~jolly/COEtruck/COETrucks/LCFtrucks/1957_gmc_370_1a.j
pg) .  He said it's got a truck front end, high-cube type bed w/ ambulance
bench seats.  Cube has a walk-though to the cab, 5-speed, and it has dual
wheels with a "Detroit locker" rear axle.

If somebody could clear this up for me, or even point out a web image of a TF
450, I'd appreciate it.  I need to know how much divorce bait I'm potentially
trolling for before I take any steps that could lead to my backing some
two-ton '57 GMC into my drive way, mumbling something about "just till my
other truck gets back on the road.."

(Something tells me if this really does have the 5K original miles received
from police service like the owner claims, I won't be thinking about the
marital ramifications when I show up with check in hand).  Thanks!