Re: [oletrucks] shifting and wiring help please

To: <CHANDNE@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] shifting and wiring help please
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 08:11:29 -0800
Hi Neal,

The V-8 distributor connections to the coil are the same as the previous
coil.  Just make sure to run the wire into a ballast resistor "available at
your local parts store" before going into the coil.  The ballast resistor
helps reduce burning up the points!
  So your wiring connection would be as follows ( ignition switch, to the
ballast resistor,
to coil, from coil to distributor).
    Alternator is external regulator model???  If the connections for the
two wires are in fact on the side of the alternator it's an internal
regulator model.  Your in luck with this model because it's easier to
connect.  Basic connection:
Back terminal wire on alternator (B+) goes to the amp meter gauge.  You can
use the original wire that went to the Generator.  Connect a wire from the
ignition switch (gets juice with the key on (ign)) to one of the side
terminal wires on the alternator (1).  This wire is necessary for the
alternator to start charging.  This is a basic connection to get you going.
    Budget floor shifter would be out of a console shift for a camaro.