[oletrucks] Rear axle vent

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear axle vent
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 06:23:35 EST
when sandblasting replace mushroom vent cap with 1/8" pipe plug.  Pick dirt
out of cap to make sure it is free breathing before reinstalling.  GM still
sells a modern version of this which is plastic.  Once painted black it will
do the trick.

also when sandblasting wrap binder's twine around the pinion flange to keep
sand out of that end.  I like to blast and prime black before doing internal
work on these so I can get all crud washed out.
Bob ADler