[oletrucks] Grille: Chrome or stainless?

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Grille: Chrome or stainless?
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 15:13:31 -0800
Well, I have a confession to make.  And how could I ever question the
infinite wisdom of the Guru of ole trucks, Bob ADler?  It's NOT
stainless!!!!  Bob, you were right all along.

At the paint shop they pulled the grille, and to my surprise, there's a tiny
layer of rust on the back side, which I'll certainly brush and seal prior to
re-installing.  Just a heavy layer of chrome, I guess, but I'd have sworn it
was stainless.

Oh well, we can all be wrong once, I guess.

Smokey
'50 3600 5-window (mine) & '56 3600 (hers)