[oletrucks] Leaf Spring Bushings

To: "'Chevy Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Leaf Spring Bushings
From: Paul Blosser <paulb@todays-tech.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 07:30:07 -0600
I was remounting the rebuilt leaf springs on the rear of my 54 3100 and
I need to replace the bushings in the frame on the shackle end.  I've
already completed this on the front end with quite a bit of trouble --
does anybody have an easy way to do this other than beating the hell out
of it with a 3 pound sledge.  The bushing on the right side is
completely wallowed out, the left one still seems pretty tight but I
might as well change both of them.

Thanks,

Paul Blosser
1954 3100