[oletrucks] Garage envy

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Garage envy
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:09:11 -0700
To those with not much room, or a slab outside...I can emphathize, I
swapped the 396 into my truck at age 17, in the dirt behind the house
(20 years ago).  I did have a small workshop to assemble the engine, but
had to carry it outside to install the heads, because we could barely
lift the shortblock.  The engine hoist was a (very dangerous!)
come-a-long hanging from a wood framework.  Doing it this way for a
couple years really motivated me to consider garages first when house
shopping!  The place we have now has 4 acres, so the horses have room,
and I had lots of room to build a big shop.

I've seen some beautiful cars and trucks built in guys' driveways....

Jim