Re: [oletrucks] Bed board thickness

To: <jelerath@us.ibm.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bed board thickness
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:06:40 -0800
You can install 2 X 6 's but will have to deal with the following:

    1.  Bed side angle strips will have to be removed and moved up to
compensate for the thicker board "unless you grove the edge of this board to
slide under the strip".

    2.  All the cross braces will have to be redrilled to line up with the
metal strips holes.

    3.  The leading edge of the wood by the tailgate will be higher then the
factory metal edge "the part the original wood fit up flush against".

    4.  If you move the bed Angle strip up, you've just blocked off access
to one of the fender bolts!

Here's what I do when I'm going to carry something heavy:

    a)  Added another cross-brace to send the load directly to the frame.

    b)  Slide in a 3/4" plywood sheet on top of the wood directly over the
middle cross braces which attach to the frame and help spread the load.

Joe