Re: [oletrucks] Big Blocks 454 - 502

To: peter@petervolwerk.demon.nl, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Big Blocks 454 - 502
From: LandBBall@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 01:49:23 EST
I have put 454 heads on a 502 but not the other way around. You may also have
to change the intake manifold if the ports are diferent.
  The valves in an LPG engine are not stock stellite faced valves as in a gas
engine,
I am not shure stanles valves will help, but would be a better choise than
stock, I use them in my turbocharged 350 with good results. You should also
have special pistons with steel ring lands and tinn rings for a heavy duty
use engine.
 Industrial LPG ingines use sodium filled valves for better colling as LPG
inters the intake as a vaper not a liquid to aide in colling the valves and
piston crown and lubicrating the rings. I hope this will help some.

Louie  58 fleetside [Ole Shep]