[oletrucks] GMC springs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC springs
From: "dph55@pdq.net" <dph55@PDQ.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 06:53:04 -0600
It seems that a lot of parts suppliers are unaware or choose to ignore the
fact that prior to 1959 or 1960 GMC and Chevy are not at all the same truck.
Many things are different sizes with GMC being the larger or heavier.
Their engines were larger displacement, beds available in larger sizes, front
axles larger, grilles, hoods , front fenders, higher load capacities
available, etc.
Thus GMC was available with overloads, and the half tons were available in
long bed before Chevy.
Now can anyone tell me if there is a GMC restoration information pack
available similar to the ones for Chevrolet, or are we limited to our own
resources such as original unrestored trucks as we find them?

Dave Handley
1951 GMC 1/2 ton
longbed 5 window