Re: [oletrucks] Hand Crankin' Cautions

To: Hudson29@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Hand Crankin' Cautions
From: STMSymank@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:33:49 EST
Paul,
   As another model T fan and previous owner of a 26 C cab,  I have had my
share of hand cranking.  I feel there is one more mildly important rule of
cranking.  It is if the entire spin cycle is broken down like a clock; safe
cranking is done form 6:00 to 12:00 because of the potential for getting your
arm into the backfire spin zone.  Watching a real T nut you will usually only
see quarter turns, because the power in your cranking is right there, and
because onlookers are amazed at the easy start in a couple quarter turn lifts.
Stan the man
Newberg Ore