[oletrucks] 1946 one half ton wheels

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1946 one half ton wheels
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:25:48 -0500
I just received my truck from Nebraska, I live in New Hampshire.  Since I
only saw it in photos I did not catch the rear wheels were not the same size
as the front.  The fronts have the same wheels and the rubber is 600 16 the
back has split rims (not the same) and the rubber is 650 16.  Should the
whole thing be 600 16?  If I go to a junk yard to get wheels what years
would be correct for this truck.  Can the correct wheels be ordered from
someplace (where?) or is the shipping to much and I should try to find them
in my area.

Thanks,
Jim House