[oletrucks] Rebuilding GMC head Q's (water nozzles and things)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rebuilding GMC head Q's (water nozzles and things)
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 23:59:51 EST
Hi everyone,

Gonna rebuild an open chamber small port (#*****477) GMC head and am
preparing the head to go into the shop. I would like to know if I should just
do what the shop manual says and destroy the water nozzles in the process of
removing them or if these are hard to locate and I should just leave them in
or what? I think I read at Chevytrucks.org or somewhere that I should spend
the extra bucks and get a 4-angle valve job? What does this gain me? This
head is going on a turbocharged, injected 270. It's getting hardened seats,
stainless valves, and new guides.

On a side note, where can I get those cover sets that say "GMC Super Power"
on them? Patricks doesn't have 'em, who would?

Thanks a million,

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons