[oletrucks] Dont do this!

To: "Ole Truck" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Dont do this!
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:55:28 -0600
Anyone who read my last Frame Painting post.. read about how I put the frame
on sawhorses (one on each end) then propped the frame up to 45 degrees by
simply raising it and putting a 2x4 between the floor and the frame in the
middle of the frame. Well, its a great method of getting everywhere and I
would do it again, but here's what not to do..

I was pulling up the rolled paper on my garage floor this morning preparing
to move the frame against the wall so I can have room for front and rear-end
painting. Well, I should have secured the frame better before doing this but
I got in a hurry. I pulled the paper too hard (but I wouldnt have thot hard
enough) and the 2x4 slipped out and the frame (yes, my precious newly
painted frame) came crashing down on the floor... with me in the way. I am
very very lucky to still be alive. It took a bunch of hair off my scalp and
skinned me up pretty bad, my neck is sore, and my arm got hit pretty hard
but nothing is broken and my head didnt bleed. I'm fine and I didnt go to
the doctor as I have no insurance for emergency room visits (I own
businesses so I PAY for my minor medical outta my pocket) but the moral of
the story is to be damn careful and dont do anything stupid!

So, I have some chips, heavy rubs and scratches that I need to repair. I
went down and got a small bottle of touchup paint and figure I can try to
buff out the hard rubs first but if that doesnt work, use the touch-up paint
and then 600 grit sandpaper to smooth, then buff it out. This is my logic,
but I hit my head, so would you guys please tell me how to touch my Urethane
Topcoated frame so it looks perfect again? Surprisingly, no green (the first
coat) or metal is showing.

Thanks and be safe! The salesman at the auto parts store ask me what
happened to my head and I said "I dropped a truck frame on it".

Doctor! Doctor! It hurts when I do this! .. welp, ya idiot! Dont DO that!

Deve
50 3100