Re: [oletrucks] what's a 292 worth?

To: David G Shier <dshier@rmi.net>, Terry White <twhite@bcbsal.org>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] what's a 292 worth?
From: Jack Halton <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 11:09:43 -0500 (EST)
Consider that the 292 is a thin wall casting and .060" is about the max
overbore allowed. If it has already been bored to this limit, then its lifespan
is limited. If it's only done 60K in 23 years, it's probably one of the
least-used 292's existing.

It will fit in a Nova but passenger motor mount will have to be relocated, and
depending on front balancer used, there may be radiator interference.

Going price for a 292 hereabouts is about $200 for a core, $400 for a running
engine with no ominous noise or smoke.

Jack / Winter Park FL