[oletrucks] Ad Frame

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Ad Frame
From: Bob_Keeland@usgs.gov (Bob Keeland)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 08:37:27 -0700
        Craig,

        You said:
        > Actually FOUND one in Hempstead TX, but it wasn't for sale...
        > Marshall's Antique Cars had one on a 48. At least I got to see how it
        > all works. BTW, they had a BUNCH of old trucks, mostly Apaches.
Sadly,
        > when I looked closely, they all LOOKED nice, but were 'restorations'
        > of the "shiny paint and new seats" variety; the 48 had a pretty bad
        > paint job, and the motor and tranny were dripping, rust all over the
        > frame, etc. For the $6,000-$20,000 they were asking for these cars, I
        > expect them to at LEAST replace the pan seal and steamclean the motor.

                I have seen Marshall's Antique Cars but never stopped as SWMBO
        was along and is not really into old trucks at all.  I guess that there
        is no real reason to stop now.

        > A shop in Paige, TX had a nasty but restorable 50 panel and 50 or 51
        > 1/2ton... didn't ask the price. Nearby, there was a completely
        > decrepit 1/2 ton by the roadside, but there is nothing really left
but
        > a frame and cab.

                Did the below listed 1/2 ton 'frame and cab' have running gear?

        I'm looking for a 1/2 ton frame with running gear to sit my 51 1/2 ton
5
        window cab onto.  It is currently sitting poorly on a bent 83 Silverado
        frame and the tires are too close to the outer part of the wheel wells.

        I have a '54 3/4 ton frame but want disk brakes up front and cannot
find
        a source of a conversion kit for a 3/4 ton front axle (nor does anyone
        carry a MII IFS for a 3/4 ton).

                I'll be driving through Paige early next month and might have
        stop if it looks like a possibility.  It would be nice to actually
start
        working on restoring my truck instead of just dreaming about it.

        BobK
        '51 AD 5 window