[oletrucks] RE: (oletrucks) AD Frame

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: (oletrucks) AD Frame
From: Bob_Keeland@usgs.gov (Bob Keeland)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:55:02 -0700
        Well I stand corrected on the availability of a MII IFS for a 3/4 ton
        AD.  I would still worry about how much it drops the front for a work
        truck.  A few months back someone mentioned that the MII IFS they
        purchased was not supposed to drop the front very much, but it did.
        Bill's hotrod looks great but the front end is a little low for my use.

        I did not realize that you could swamp a 1/2 ton front suspension into
        3/4 ton frame due to the differences in frame rail configuration.  That
        could certainly be a way to go initially as I have a 1/2 ton front
        suspension 'in the weeds' in northern Arkansas (unfortunately the 1/2
        ton frame was broken some time ago).  Does anyone know how much of the
        'heavy duty' capability of the truck would be lost by using a 1/2 ton
        axle?  I would think that for pulling horse trailer, hauling an
        occasional yard of dirt/gravel, etc. the swap should be fine.

        This is great information and this is indeed a great list.  Thanks to
        all.  I can smile again.

        BobK
        Arnaudville, Louisiana
        51 ish AD 5 window