Re: [oletrucks] engine interchange compatibility

To: "dph55@pdq.net" <dph55@PDQ.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine interchange compatibility
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:01:08 -0500
The 235 block is about 2 inches shorter. The swap could be made by altering the
front mount and/or cross member. Personally I've always felt one of the nice
thing about GMC's is that they used full pressure oiling insert bearing engines.
If it was mine I would make every effort to keep a GMC engine it it. A 228, 248,
270 or 302 bolts in.

Grant