Re: [oletrucks] Poor mans POR-15

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Poor mans POR-15
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:47:17 -0500
Jeff, thanks for this great tip on Hammerite.  I checked out their web site
at

   http://www.kilz.com/index_hammerite.html

and they also list plenty of colors and smooth finish as well as the
hammered finish.  It also seems to be available in bulk for gun spraying.
Recommended for things like bridges, fire escapes, etc.  Plenty of technical
data at the web site on the paint, i.e. flashpoint, drying times, shelf
life, yadda yadda.  Now I got to find a local hardware store where it's
available.  Up to this point I'd been using Corroless from Eastwood, but
it's a redish-brown color and $24 per quart.  Maybe the black Hammerite is
more economical to apply.

BTW, I found their site through the Google search engine.  If listers have
not used this engine for web searching, give it a try.  It is FAST and
usually brings up the most relevant info right at the top of the list.  My
search on Hammerite Rust Cap brought up the manufacturer's site in less than
a second.

    http://www.google.com/

Wally / Templeton, MA      with a weekend off  for truck
work......finally!!!!