[oletrucks] Fram Filter Color

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fram Filter Color
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 11:57:42 -0600
I have the Fram filter casing bead blasted and the decal locations figured
out. I even have the decals. So.. what color is Fram orange? I noticed
something a lot of restorers are doing that I dont like. They are going with
dull finishes on the oil filter and valve cover, then adhering decals to
them. This makes it obvious that its a decal and not painted on as it should
look like. If I cant get Chevy Gray in gloss, then I will put clear coat on
the valve cover so there is no evidence that the "Thriftmaster" emblem is a
decal. Same with the Fram oil filter. Is there Chevy Gray engine paint in a
spray can? Same with Fram Orange. I would like to use an aerosol can for the
engine and all of its parts if possible. Too small of quantity to break out
the sprayer.

Thanks!

Deve
50 3100