[oletrucks] New to this...

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] New to this...
From: "Scott and Angela Hibberts" <hibberts@chatt.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:09:46 -0000
Hello everyone... I am really new to this thing..

Thanks Jim for advising me on how this thing works.

I recently purchased a 1954 Chevy truck.  I know it is a 3100 series.  I
plan on using it as a work truck until I get my new house built.. at which
time I will get a garage so I can do a full restoration of the truck.

The truck is in pretty good shape.  The engine has been rebuilt, converted
to 12v and has had electronic ignition added.  It runs great, starts great
and was a great find at $600.00.  Limited rust except on the cab corners.
It had been lowered, but I have started fixing that problem.

One question I have is that the person who rebuilt it (before me) completely
removed the oil filter canister assembly.

I have purchased the factory assembly manual and it shows the oil filter but
does not show where the oil lines connect to the engine block.  That is my
first question.

My second question is that the assembly manual shows two vacuum lines coming
from the wiper motor.  My lines have been removed entirely.  I was wondering
why there are two and where they connect.

I have been reading the digest for two weeks now and really enjoy all of the
Q & A.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Scott Hibberts
1954 Chevy 3100