[oletrucks] Dave Wold

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Dave Wold
From: dcvjrv@flashcom.net
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:34:33 -0500
Recently one of our fine members posted a message regarding some GMC parts
that Dave Wold had for sale and I responded with my interest.  I must say
that this has turned out to be a less than satisfactory experience.

Let me make it very clear that I do NOT hold our member responsible in any
way, in fact, I think that he was hurt as much if not more so by this then
I was.

Mr. Wold had said that he had some NOS parts and included in that was a
pair of NOS park light assemblies.  I purchased these in good faith after a
couple of phone conversations with Mr. Wold.

When I received them the right side was as advertised but the left side
left something to be desired.  The frame was fine, the complete socket
assembly was missing, he had said that the wires were missing, and the lens
or bullet was another right side lens and the back of the screw holes were
broken out and the chrome screws were missing.

I live in Michigan and Mr. Wold lives in Portland, Oregon (lucky for
him).  I called him several times getting his answering machine each time,
no matter when I called.  I had someone else from another state call and he
got him and I tried right after that and got his answering machine.  Caller
ID???  He never returned my calls.  After a couple of weeks I sent him the
bad lens back with a letter expressing my disappointment.  After another 1
1/2 weeks I received an envelope from him with a pittance of a check for
the lens.  No note or anything else.

I guess my point to all of this, is be very careful in dealing with Dave
Wold.  He is not a man of honor and he is definitely a determent to the old
truck hobby.

If anybody has a good left side lens for a 58-59 GMC park light and/or
socket, let me know.

Thanks,
Jim V.
58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup - V8 Automatic