Re: [oletrucks] 270 worth a rebuild or go V8

To: Christian Deaton <gmc594x4@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 270 worth a rebuild or go V8
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:57:23 -0700
I would keep your 270. its more rare. if you go to the trouble of a small block
v8, get a real small block v8, a 350, theres no sustitute for cubic inches. the
270 will ou torque the 327 anyhoo at lower rpm's. your truck will fly down the
freeway at 70 mph at 3,000 rpm's with the 36's and 75 with the 38's. i would go
with the 36's
new mexico jim
51 two ton dump
50 ½ ton