[oletrucks] window channel inside drivers side door 1950 AD

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] window channel inside drivers side door 1950 AD
From: "Dr. Chris Kesling" <chriskes@csinet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:21:00 -0600
I have just discovered a strange problem with my drivers side door (of
course after completely restoring it)  The window channel in the front of
door that extends way down in door panel is short.  It doesn't extend down
nearly as far as the channel on the pass side door.  When I roll up the
window I get a big "thunk" when the top of the window hits the bottom of the
channel and then I have to push out on the window in order to get it into
the channel so I can roll it up the rest of the way.  There is no way you
can get a hand or tool in the door to cut the channel off and the end of it
is not mangled-- I am at a loss as to how this could have happened???
Does anyone know anything about this problem???
Thanks for any help.
Chris Kesling