[oletrucks] dry sump oiling on a 270

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] dry sump oiling on a 270
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 07:54:44 -0700
"The only real problem I can forsee might be the cam lobes not getting
sufficent lube because the crank won't be splashing near as much oil
around. "

I think you will not have any problems in this regard...the oil
spattering around in the crankcase comes off of the lubricated parts,
eh?  for example, all the rod bearings, main bearings, cam bearings,
etc.  There will be some oil in the sump...not a whole lot, but then in
a normal engine there is not that much in the sump when it's running,
usuually only enough to cover the pickup at all times.  Much of the oil
(half at least?) is somewhere else, like up top, flowing over all the
internal surfaces, and in the form of vapor.

If you want to tackle the challenge of putting in a dry sump system,
then go for it!  I just think that it is totally unnecessary    :)

Jim