[oletrucks] GMC Sparetire Carrier Gasket Seal and Plugs

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC Sparetire Carrier Gasket Seal and Plugs
From: dcvjrv@flashcom.net
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:15:38 -0500
Hi All,

As I continue on my restoration I have not been able to find the gasket
seal and 2 rubber plugs that go on the spare tire carrier box on my 1958
GMC Suburban Carrier pickup (same as Chev Cameo).  The gasket appears to
have gone all around the open end of the box and was stapled on.  Mine is
gone completely except for some staples so I don't even know what it should
look like.  The 2 rubber plugs are on either side of the bottom half of the
box at the open end.  I am not sure what function these have.  The ones in
mine have hardened over time and are very brittle.

Any help in these 2 items would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo) - V8 Automatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles