[oletrucks] Cutting curved glass

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Cutting curved glass
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 07:02:24 -0500
At 08:33 PM 03/02/2000 -0700, ADvent@thuntek.net wrote:
>you can cut the corner windows. its a lot of work, but it can be done.

I have been helping a friend from time to time with his build of a chopped
top 56 F-100 (I know..I wash my hands after I'm through every time).  He's
already busted two windshields trying to cut them down. They have the same
wraparound style windshield as the TF and it always breaks in the curve.
Once the breaks start they spread all over the glass.  The street rod guys
tell him he needs to use a sandblaster to make the cuts..anyone ever tried
this on curved tempered glass?
Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck