[oletrucks] FS or trade: GMC 248 short block

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] FS or trade: GMC 248 short block
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 00:14:27 EST
Same engine mentioned in previous post, just thought I'd better put the
engine in the subject if I expect any interest in it.

The engine came from my '50 GMC 1/2 ton and am assuming it to be the original
engine. Don't even ask if I heard it run. The engine was the second tightest
froze engine I've ever worked on next to the 270 I've got in the shop right
now.

It's a bare, steam cleaned block with original bore needing rebored. No bad
pitting or scoring in the cylinders .020" oversize bore would clean right up.
The engine sat with the lower radiator hose disconnected and the rear petcock
removed for as long as it sat (Last ran in '76). Hasn't been magnafluxed, but
it's a pretty safe bet this engine is crack free. The deck is in VG shape.

The crank is worn. Definately needing turned, but in no way trash.

Just bare block, main caps and crank. No rods, needed them for my 270. Make a
reasonable offer or consider it in trade for that 270 crank you don't need
and I do. Or just get your name in if ya might wanna come haul this thing off
when nobody offers me nothin for it.

Boy, won't I have GMC pride when nobody shows any interest in this engine.=)

Dustin/Aurora, OR
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons
48 GMC 3/4 ton