[oletrucks] 292 harmonic balancer

To: "truck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 292 harmonic balancer
From: "Dave P" <my51truck@eudoramail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 21:33:28 -0800
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I spent my free time working on the 292 going
into my '51. I was installing the harmonic balancer and snapped the grade 8
bolt in the end of the crank. I thought it got stuck and wouldn't go on any
further, but after removing it and measuring everything I discovered I was
doing thing just fine.

My question is this...does the harmonic balancer on a 292 stick out further
than say a v-8? I doesn't look like it is in all the way, but measuring says
otherwise. If anyone knows, I'd like to hear from you.

thanks---

Dave P
'51 project
'53 part-time project