Re: [oletrucks] Smokin 235

To: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>, ADvent@thuntek.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Smokin 235
From: Don Hartman <dhartman@sunvalley.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 17:32:35 -0700
Hi Grant-  I noticed you claim to have used cast rings... how about the
rest of the valvetrain components?  have you used any special hardened
alloys for valve seats or other?  If you had used chrome or other alloy
rings, they would definately take longer to seat, so I believe that your
problem is with your oil/break-in period.  I wouldn't consider a syn oil
until at least 6k/2 oil changes of non-det regular old SAE 30 if your
weather will allow.  Good Luck!