Re: [oletrucks] Welding

To: <dcvjrv@flashcom.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Welding
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 18:17:22 -0800
Hi All,
Last fall I bought myself a Lincoln SP170T (220V. 130A)  and a couple of
"how to" books.  It's a great machine and I could weld considerably better
than I ever could with a "stick welder" or oxy-acetylene many years ago as a
kid.  Still not 100% satisfied, however, I enrolled in a welding class at a
local community college.  I'm here to tell ya that in the first 8 weeks of
class, I have learned to do things with that welder I didn't think were
possible.  There are so many tricks of the trade that could never be covered
in any book.

Some of the course materials we use come from Hobart.  Short of going back
to school, you may want to check out what's available in books and videos at
the Hobart Institute.  www.welding.org   Also, the American Welding Society
at www.aws.org has good stuff for wanna be welders.

Happy welding.

Whitney Haist