[oletrucks] 270 redline help (was selecting a turbo)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 270 redline help (was selecting a turbo)
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:25:35 EST
What's a safe redline erring on the conservative side for a 270 Jimmy? At
what RPM would I expect accelerated engine wear? I have sorta assumed
spinning this thing no faster than the 3500 RPM shop manual stated redline
was the smartest way to go about turbocharging, but 300-350 bhp is my target
for this engine, so finding out I would be squeezing 320 @ 5000, the figure
at 3500 is gonna be considerably lower. Help me find the happy medium!

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons
48 GMC 3/4 ton