[oletrucks] Big Blocks.

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Big Blocks.
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 01:46:38 -0500
Hi all,

I've been wanting to ask for sometime now, but I don't like asking for
information just for the sake of having information.  I've recently been
given the opportunity to purchase a reasonably priced "in the truck and
daily running 402 BB", so now I have a reason to ask.

Beatrice (My '59 Chevy Apache 38 NAPCO 1-Ton) is equipped with a 235 with an
SM-420 4-Speed, and a Spicer Model 23 Transfer case with 1.87 to 1
reduction.  She has 5.14 gears (Soon to be 3.90 to 1 with a Detroit Locker
Rear Differential) in HO-72 Corporate Axles.

Though I love the 235, the allure of a BB has always been there for me and
I'm seriously wondering about swapping that 402 in there using all the
remaining stock components.  Questions that immediately come to mind are:

Bell housing alignment problems?
Clutch issues?
Motor Mounts?
Transmission/T-Case will or will not take the strain?
Throttle linkage hook ups?
Foot starter or ignition conversion?
Cooling troubles?
Generator to alternator difficulties?