Re: [oletrucks] radio

To: devern york <york1@tir.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] radio
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 16:52:01 -0700
NO! NO! NO! DON"T try it, you'll fry it! The GMC's are 12volt positive ground.
GMC got goofy and did the "pos" thing. Actually, the 12 volt positive may be a
better system, but thats another topic. Do you want to sell it? I am
interested if you are. The only way to install a GMC radio in Chevy is to
completely isolate it from ground. Thats not very easy to do in ouor body
style trucks. You could convert it to negative ground. This should be
undertaken only by someone with a good working knowledge of electonics, I
would not recommend you try that.
new mexico jim
50 ½ ton
51 two ton dump