Re: [oletrucks] Vacuum Wipers

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vacuum Wipers
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 18:03:23 -0600
I dont care where you live, vacuum wipers was an archaic idea that has been
thrown out for more than 40 years. They didnt work then, they work even
worse now, and there is over 50% more traffic on the roads then when they
were designed. As an original freak, I am putting everything back to its
totally original state on my 50 with three exceptions: electric wipers...
tho they will use the same control to look totally original, 12 volts (since
I feel the very same about the voltage as I do about vacuum wipers, and no
clutch head screws. GM wasnt perfect and these were the three peeves on the
top of my list. Still they designed a much better product than any other
manufacturer of the time as is evidenced by the number of them still in
service. Nonetheless, find a 47-55 1st with vacuum wipers that work and you
better buy a lottery ticket on the same day!

Deve
50 3100
49 3600
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html